Friday, March 05, 2010

My D.J.

This morning as I drove into work, I put my iPod on and got a few nice songs strung together by some divine D.J.:

Hallelujah-Leonard Cohen
Peace on Earth-Todd Agnew
Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)-Jessica Simpson
Ignition-TobyMac

I thought it was just what I needed this morning and found it amazing that the iPod, on shuffle, strung these together without a single one of the many pop and hip hop songs intermingled.

The song that speaks to me today is the David Crowder song:
When darkness falls on us
We will not fear
We will remember
When all seems lost
When we're thrown and we're tossed
We'll remember the cost
We're resting in the shadow of the cross.

When we are in the shadows of dark days, we are always in the shadow of His cross: protected, loved, and saved by His amazing grace.

No comments: